Here is a short presentation on the electorates of the Western European Extreme Right I gave last Thursday at the Collège Doctoral Européen de Strasbourg.
And here is the
- Clear socio-demographic profile: young, male, working/lower middle class
- Clear attitudinal profile:
- Not necessarily fully paid-up extremists
- But dissatisfied with politics and suspicious of immigrants and elites
- Little support for disintegration thesis
- Personality traits and additional factor?
- Findings in line with theories of values, preferences, group conflict
- Contextual factors often make a difference
- Very strong country effects remain after controlling for context
- Serious limits on the number and quality contextual control variables
- More/better information on parties needed
- Comparative media studies sorely lacking