I am professor of Political Science at the University of Mainz.
My main research interests are the comparative analysis of micro data and comparative political sociology,elections and electoral behaviour, Extreme Right / Radical Right / Populist Right parties in Europe, German Politics, and Research Methods and the Sociology of Knowledge.
- Media: I regularly comment on German and European parties and their voters, and on political extremism
- Research Methods: I have been teaching methods, statistics and software in academic settings since 1996 and offer consultancy and in-house seminars
Latest research video:
Click here for more research videos.
From the blog
- Markov’s chain (of fried chicken trucks)Centrist statistics dads, where would you rather go for lunch?
- Note to European Politics people: if Uncle Sam offers a “small honorarium”, run for the hillsBefore and after the recent German elections, I was invited to a number of virtual roundtables, which was good clean fun. One of them was hosted by an institution in the US and implied an unexpected “small honorarium” of 200 dollars. So far so good. I promptly forgot about the money until a couple of […]
- Coronapod: the COVID scientists facing violent threatsUtterly depressing. Outrageous and despicable.