I am professor of Political Science at the University of Mainz.
My main research interests are the comparative analysis of micro data and comparative political sociology,elections and electoral behaviour, Extreme Right / Radical Right / Populist Right parties in Europe, German Politics, and Research Methods and the Sociology of Knowledge.
- Media: I regularly comment on German and European parties and their voters, and on political extremism
- Research Methods: I have been teaching methods, statistics and software in academic settings since 1996 and offer consultancy and in-house seminars
Latest research video:
Click here for more research videos.
From the blog
- Some light reading to get in the mood for the French regional elections
- When you run a predatory journal…… but can’t be arsed to insert its name into the email template
- In a land before time: offprintsBecause there is a pandemic, we are improving the home. Because I’ve spent a year in the so-called office (i.e. the box room), the box room office is in particular need of improvement. Because it’s my box room office, it needs an especially good clean-out before there is any possibility of improvement. That’s why I’m […]