I am professor of Political Science at the University of Mainz.
My main research interests are the comparative analysis of micro data and comparative political sociology,elections and electoral behaviour, Extreme Right / Radical Right / Populist Right parties in Europe, German Politics, and Research Methods and the Sociology of Knowledge.
- Media: I regularly comment on German and European parties and their voters, and on political extremism
- Research Methods: I have been teaching methods, statistics and software in academic settings since 1996 and offer consultancy and in-house seminars
Latest research video:
Click here for more research videos.
From the blog
- Cas Mudde and I talk about the 2021 German federal electionsCas Mudde and I discuss the 2021 German federal elections
- Germany’s next government could be the most secular in decadesIn all likelihood, Germany’s next government will be more secular than most of its predecessors. Here is why.
- How good/bad were the 2017 German election polls?People mock pollsters whose findings they don’t like. Here is a totally unbiased look at how well eight major companies did in the 2017 elections