Fields I am interested in
I am a quantitative Political Scientist. Most of my research falls into one of these categories:
Click here for a full list of my publications. And yes, I have once published a paper on Luhmann and Kant. The journal closed down the following year.
Current research projects with external funding
- I have recently completed a project that looks into the representation gap with respect to bioethical preferences in Germany. This builds on my previous work in this field. Here is a presentation of some early findings.
- I’m part of a big multi national project that links right-wing attitudes to local living conditions in France, Germany, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom. Click below for a couple of short video clips that summarise our findings and current thinking.
I have made a number of (fairly short) video clips about my current research.
There is no single “facebook for academics” site yet, so I try to maintain profiles on those that look promising. Please feel free to follow my work on any of these:
- For communication/networking
- I’m KaiArzheimer on academia.edu This profile is tied to my former academic home at Essex, because I cannot figure out how to register a joint affiliation with academia.edu. I have essentially given up on this profile.
- Methodspace is great but slightly overwhelming. They read this, and apparently deleted my profile. So what?
- Cross-breeding academia.edu and Linkedin gave us ResearchGate
- And then, for what ever reason, there is Loop
- Research identity management is now a recognised problem for scholars (at least for folks with surnames more common than my own). There are various schemes supposed to deal with this, so
- I also have profile pages at various sites such as Mendeley, bibsonomy, and getcited, but those are essentially unmaintained, because I stopped using these services and it became too much of a chore to regularly update my information.
- I have finally deleted my profile on Linkedin. Linkedin is colder than Mordor, noisy, and of no use to me.
- For current updates, it’s much better to follow me on Twitter or even on facebook.