There is no single “facebook for academics” site yet, so I try to maintain profiles on those that look promising. Please feel free to follow my work on any of these:
- For communication/networking
- I’m KaiArzheimer on academia.edu This profile is tied to my former academic home at Essex, because I cannot figure out how to register a joint affiliation with academia.edu
- Methodspace is great but slightly overwhelming. My profile is here.
- Cross-breeding academia.edu and Linkedin gave us ResearchGate
- And then, for what ever reason, there is Loop
- Research identity management is now a recognised problem for scholars (at least for folks with surnames more common than my own). There are various schemes supposed to deal with this, so
- Linkedin is not exclusively for scientists and rather noisy at times, but potentially useful. My profile is here.
- And you can also follow my updates via twitter and facebook, and google+.
- I also have profile pages at various sites such as Mendeley, bibsonomy, and getcited, but those are essentially unmaintained, because I stopped using these services and it became too much of a chore to regularly update my information.